20041017: UNIWISC IDD feed unavailable (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Hi Robert,

Sorry to wait to reply, but workshops are now in progress.

>I can't reach any of the SSEC servers (the ones we pay for data access
>for INDOEX, METEOSAT).  Is that what you are seeing?

Yes, that is what I was wseeing.  I believe that part of a note we received
from an SSEC/AMRC person explained what happened:

  From address@hidden  Mon Oct 18 08: 29:14 2004

  Hello,

  Due to the failure of a network switch external to the AMRC, access to
  our Web, FTP and ADDE servers was unavailable through part of the
  weekend.   The network is back up at this time.  Please let us know if
  you are still having problems connecting.

  Regards,

  Matthew