20041216: NOAAPORT question (cont.)

>From: Gary Cunning <address@hidden>

Hi Gary,

>Thanks for the information. RAP gets the GINI files through an LDM connection.

OK.

>think we used a package supplied through unidata's website. Celia Chen set
>things up, but she is out of the office until sometime in January. After she
>returns, I will revisit this issue.

My gut feeling is that the setup on your ingest/decoding machine is
suffering from the same duplicate pqact.conf action problem that I ran
into/caused here.  The duplicate processing entries I ran were a GEMPAK
FILE action and a decode action suggested for the ldm-mcidas routine
pngg2gini.  If Celia setup GEMPAK decoding on your machine, I would bet
that you are seeing the same problem as I saw.

>The image I sent was from the east conus sector at 22:01 on 12/15/2004.

The image you sent along looks like a GOES-East/West composite (since
it contains both Baja and Florida:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/staff/tom/gifs/EC_20041215_2201.gif

Unfortunately, I have not located an ADDE server (yet) that has GINI
composite images for the date/time your example was generated.  Do you
see bad images today?  If yes, we will be able to compare them to
images ingested on different machines getting the feed from the same
NOAAPORT ingester.  This way we will be able to say for sure if the
problem is what I am suspecting above.