Re: data agreements

Hi Joanne:

We no longer have a contract with WSI, but apparently someone else does and they feed the composite to you through our machine. If this is the composite that you want to use -- then no, that is NOT okay, apparently very illegal (according to our support guys, I havn't seen the new contract with . . . whoever holds that??). Unidata has it's own composite, however, which we create from freely available data. In fact, someone in RAP (Greg?) already receives this. This composite you would be free to use however you'd like with the disclaimer that if anything bad happens because you are using our data, it isn't our problem because we expressly claim that our stuff is not for operation use.

Does this help?

I've copied Linda Miller and support on this in case I've missed something.
Joanne

Joanne Dunnebecke wrote:

Hi Joanne,
I believe we get WSI radar mosaics through Unidata. A question has now come up as to whether we can redistribute those mosaics to the National Weather Service's Weather Forecast Office in Dallas/Fort Worth where we're running a
field program.  Can you please check and let me know?  Thanks a lot!
Hope all's well with you...
Joanne

From address@hidden  Mon Feb 28 13:27:23 2005

Thanks, Joanne, that's very helpful. I assumed the answer would be "no", but it's great to think that there is a product we could redistribute. Let me check with Cindy and see if using the Unidata composite would work for this project.
Joanne