20050602: NEXRAD composites

>From:  Russ Dengel <address@hidden>

Hi Russ,

re:
>I noticed that adde.ucar.edu is currently not responding.

There was a failure in an UPS component in the SCD machine room.
All services including air conditioning went offline for several
hours today.

>I normall get copies of the National NEXRAD composite from that site (ADDE
>group NEXRCOMP). Is there another ADDE site producing these ADDE images?

Even though the NEXRCOMP composites are created on motherlode.ucar.edu
(aka adde.ucar.edu), we have a backup machine that kicks to make
the products when motherlode is unavailable.  The images should
continue to be sent to the list of Unidata Cooperating Community
servers:

adde.ucar.edu
atm.geo.nsf.gov
papagayo.unl.edu
pscwx.plymouth.edu
weather3.admin.niu.edu
stratus.al.noaa.gov
cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu         <- iffy at the moment