20050722: Satellite Images VIS South America - 1 km

>From: Giovanni Dolif <address@hidden>

Hi Giovanni,

>I' m trying to get 1 km resolution visible satellite images from the
>IDD/LDM/Gempak , but I don't Know how.

The IDD is not relaying 1 km VIS imagery (yet).

>I know that it is possible using the McIdas tool.

Yes.  McIDAS can access the 1 km images from a site at the
University of Wisconsin-Madison using ADDE.

>The question is: Is ti possible with Gempak?  How?

No, but you could use McIDAS to access the data AND save it to
a local disk and then have GEMPAK use those images.

>Thank you and best regards from Brazil,  Giovanni

We are in the middle of our training workshop series at the moment
so the time I have to explain how to use McIDAS to get and save
the data that you want is limited.  Please remind me of your desire
after our workshops are over in the middle of August.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas