20050722: Satellite Images VIS South America - 1 km (cont.)

>From: Giovanni Dolif <address@hidden>

Hi Giovanni,

>Thank you, Tom.
>I like to be there with you learning on the Workshop, but I couldn' t.

Too bad, it would have been nice if you could have attended.

>Well, so I wouldn' t be able to access 1 km images with Gempak.

No, not directly.

>Waldenio installed the IDV here in CPTEC. How can I see the 1 km image
>in IDV?

The ADDE server with the images is unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu.  The
datasets of interest are GOESEAST and EAST.  By the way, I installed
McIDAS on one of the CPTEC machines while Waldenio was visiting.

>PS: Tom you were in Fortaleza, Brazil, on the " Congresso BRasileiro de
>Meteorologia", weren' t you?

Yes, I was.  That conference seems so long ago now :-(