20060227: Changes on unidata2 this week.

>From: Jerrold Robaidek <address@hidden>

Hi Jerry,

re:
>Since we frequently miss the Antarctic composite due to timing issues, I
>will begin  pulling the composite locally first using ldm from its
>generation machine, and then inject it into the queue.  Nothing will be
>changed with the resulting size of the image etc, just the method of
>reception and initiation.

OK.  I must apologize to you and especially Matthew for not already
having done this (like I promised some time ago).

>I will probably do this in two stages.
>
>Modify ldmd.conf on unidata2 to grab the EXP feed from
>ICE.SSEC.WISC.EDU. and modify pqact.conf to file the AREA locally on
>unidata2.

Unless all EXP products are somehow wanted/needed, please limit the
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf request line to the only the composite wanted.

>It will then be processed at that point, in preparation for
>injecting it into the UNIWISC feed. (But I will NOT inject it yet, just
>test this part.)

Sounds good.

>Once this part is working correctly, I will disable the crontab entry
>for the antarctic composite and begin injecting the new composite into
>the UNIWISC feed.

The process should be simple.  I have the same kind of thing working
in support of field projects (first Rico and now Trex) on
atm.geo.nsf.gov.  Since the intent there was to sectorize images,
I created a Tcl script that would do the appropriate IMGCOPY, area2png,
and then pqinsert.  The specification of the load center, blowdown,
ADDE dataset, etc. is specified in simple ASCII configuration files so
that the same script can be used for whatever image data is desired.

>I hope to complete this before the end of day Thursday this week.

Sounds good.

>Please let me know if you see/have any issues with this.

No issues as far as I am concerned.