[Datastream #VDK-805269]: distribution of level II

Hi Donna,

re:
> Thank you for the information.

No worries.

> I note in the document
> that we are supposed to be "equitable" in our
> distribution of Level II data to the private sector.

The MOA is an agreement between NOAA/NWS and the toplevel NEXRAD
Level II relay sites which are:

IRaDS  - OU
ERC    - Ashville, NC
MAX    - NWS (located on UMd campus)
Purdue - West Lafayette, IN

The MOA is not an agreement between NOAA/NWS and non-toplevel relays
of the data.

> Who could I ask for clarification on this matter?

The MOA appears to be quite clear on redistribution and
use of Level II data:

 "Level II data will be released without any prohibition for its
  redistribution or use."

This is a statement by NOAA/NWS regarding what can be done with
the data.

> Can
> we limit which private companies we distribute data to
> - i.e. to companies located in the state of Kansas or
> to companies employing KU alums?

The UPC, UCAR, or the Unidata community is not the policy setting
entity with regards to Level II data, so I would rather not speculate.
I believe that NOAA/NWS' intention is clearly for redistribution and
use of the data without any prohibition.

If you feel uncertain about what the MOA intends, the best recourse
is to contact Tim Crum of NOAA to get his comments:

Tim D Crum <address@hidden>

Ticket ID: VDK-805269
Department: Support Datastream