Re: ADDITION OF NOAA POLAR ORBITER AVHRR SATELLITE IMAGERY TO NOAAPORT

Steve,

Hopefully it is in change 5, which has been approved, but I don't know why it hasn't been published yet.

   Anyway here is the new table 4.5

2 = Miscellaneous
3 = JERS
4 = ERS/Quikscat/   Scatterometer
5 = POES/NPOESS
6 = Composite
7 = DMSP
8 = GMS
9 = METEOSAT
10 = GOES-7 (H)
    Reserved for
    future use.
11 = GOES-8 (I)
12 = GOES-9 (J)
13 = GOES-10 (K)
14 = GOES-11 (L)
15 = GOES-12 (M)
16 = GOES-13 (N)
17 = GOES-14 (O)
18 = GOES-15 (P)
19 = GOES-16 (Q)

The number you are looking for in this case is 5 for POES and eventually NPOESS. NESDIS has this change.

   I'll see what I can do to get the change posted.

Jim

Steve Chiswell wrote:
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONCERNING THESE PRODUCTS...PLEASE CONTACT:
JAMES HEIL
OFFICE OF CLIMATE WATER AND WEATHER SERVICES
SURFACE OBSERVING DIVISION
PHONE: 301 713-1792 EXT 157
EMAIL: address@hidden

James,

The most recent NESDIS ICD for NOAAPORT (202) does not have
creating entity numbers (Table 4.5) for the Polar Orbiters.

Do you have that information available, and/or sample products as
referenced in the annoucement TIN 06-15?

Thank you,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support