20060330: NMQ data feed

Ken,

The LDM feed is working well.
We have the feed request set up and I have modified my software for the
changes in NetCDF files for the new products from what had been available
previously.
One issue I noticed is that the missing data value has been scaled just as all
the other data
values, which means that I have to unscale all the data values, rather than
just valid data values.
Eg, missing data in the 2D files are -9990f in the CREF, while the attributes
provide than
SCALE=10 and missing is -999f.

I do plan on looking at stitching together the tiles in some way and packing
into
either GRIB2 or a compressed image format, since it is somewhat awkward to have
635MB
over 8 tile files for a 2D composite reflectivity plot (I estimated it would be
23GB for a 3 hour loop).

Thanks for checking in,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support