[Datastream #LSL-804057]: logins and ADDE services not available on papagayo

Hi Clint,

re:
> You assumption is actually incorrect.

Well, at least it is not the first time :-)

> It's not a firewall issue --
> ssh is not working because I have to do too much to get it going with
> Solaris 8 and I haven't had the time to do it, yet.

OK.

> The ADDE matter
> is that I forgot to add the entries to do that and then I (or better
> yet, you) have to get McIDAS working again.  But, getting you to do
> it means getting ssh working again, and there's the rub.

Catch-22...

> Since we got funded to replace papagayo, I'm wondering how much effort
> I should put into this.  How important is it to get ADDE back soon?

Since it is either the end or near the end of the school year, it is not
super important to get ADDE back in service immediately.  I sent you the
note just in case you had forgotten or did not have time to do something
simple that would allow me to login and get the ADDE stuff working again.

So, if the timeframe for replacing papagayo is not too far off (meaning
sometime this summer), we can wait.

By the way, Mike Schmidt made the comment to me that papagayo could be
made more robust by us donating some spare parts.  We got an E450 from
SCD for parts, and there are a few that might go a long way towards
beefing up papagayo.  Mike has been hammered lately -- and will continue
to be through the end of the week -- so I don't think that he has the
time to discuss the situation with you (if you are even interested).

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ticket ID: LSL-804057
Department: Support Datastream