[Datastream #QKV-339231]: Re: Stopped receiving GOES-10 AREA FILES...need help!

Hi Marek,

re:
> My e-mail address hasn't changed for last 8 years...well, things happen!

Hmm...  If you were subscribed to ldm-users and your email address has not
changed, you should still be subscribed to ldm-users.  When I looked about
an hour ago, you were not listed as a subscriber to either ldm-users or
nws-changes.  You were, on the other hand, subscribed to mcidas-x.

> I hope everything is fine with you?

Yes, things are going well.

> Yes, I'm coming to Boulder to attend unidata User's workshop.
> I will be in Boulder this Sunday.
> See you by then!

Sounds good.

> Oh, Ps!
> The missing data, you are mentioning below,
> Is this data not recoverable at all?

The exact sectors that are sent in the UNIWISC IDD stream will not
be available.  .edu sites can, however, request data directly from
the SSEC Data Center:

SSEC Website:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/

  Images and Data
  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/

    SSEC Data Center
    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/

      Archive Data Information

Check the link at the bottom of the last page:

  "A portion of our archive is also available free of charge, to United States
universities
  for non-commercial use. For information regarding this service go to EDU
Requests
  (access restricted)."

Be advised that the data the SSEC Data Center provides is multibanded for the
period
requested _IF_ the request is not excessive (i.e., a request for gigabytes of
data
will not be fulfilled).  You would then need to use a tool like McIDAS to
extract
the band(s) and sector(s) you want and put them in individual AREA files like
you
receive in the UNIWISC IDD broadcast.

Ticket ID: QKV-339231
Department: Support Datastream