[IDD #IUJ-187563]: LDM Upstream Site Authorization Info Request

Hi Chad,

re:
> We need to locate any Road Weather Forecast System (RWFS) or other
> road weather/road surface forecast products might be out there.
>
> Does Unidata provide any such feeds?

Not to my knowledge.  I did several Google (tm) searches looking
for "Road Weather Forecast System" +NOAAPORT and found no mention
of road weather/road surface products being made available in NOAAPort.
Because of this, I am fairly sure that there are no such products
being conveyed in the IDD.

Given the active research being done by NCAR's Research Applications
Laboratory (RAL) in this area, you may want to check out their
web page on their Maintenance Decision Support System:

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/projects/rdwx_mdss/

In particular, one of the diagrams contained in:

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/projects/rdwx_mdss/prototype.php

shows that the MDSS combines data from a variety of sources to
make road condition forecasts and treatment recommendations.  Several
of the data, like RWIS data, used are available directly from government
agencies like Colorado DOT (Colorado Department of Transportation).

> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: IUJ-187563
Department: Support Datastream