[Datastream #YPV-487052]: NDFD data via IDD or CONDUIT?

Hi Jim,

> Hi Jeff:
>
> Sorry for the delay in my response - I was tied-up with a number
> of items late last week.

no problem, I certainly understand :)

> I have passed the link to the short-term archive on "motherlode" to
> my colleague.  However, if it is possible to obtain the NDFD grids
> via the LDM using the NPORT feed, that would be wonderful.  The
> machine that I am using to ingest data is:
>
> accas.geo.msu.edu

I have:

accas.geo.msu.edu

"allowed" to access the NPORT group of feeds from:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Cheers,

Jeff Weber

> [...]
>

> Thanks a bunch!
>

> Jim
>

> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Yes, there are a couple of ways Unidata provides this data.
> >
> > 1) via the IDD NPORT feed
> >
> > ...sample pqact.conf entry:
> > NPORT   ^[LM].U... KWBN ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9])
> >         FILE
> > data/pub/native/grid/NCEP/NDFD/CONUS_5km/NDFD_CONUS_5km_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\200.grib2
> >
> > And it can be grabbed from our short term "archive" on motherlode at:
> >
> > http://lead.unidata.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/model/NCEP/NDFD/CONUS_5km/catalog.html
> >

> > ...this site is password protected, if you desire access, please contact me
> > at:
> >
> > address@hidden
> >
> > and I will pass it along to you :)
> >
> > If you desire to ingest the NPORT feed to acquire the NDFD I can place an
> > "allow" for you on our machine:
> >
> > idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Viewing our "stats page", i do not see an entry for MSU:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex
> >
> > Can you please verify your machine name and include the command:
> > # rtstats uses the LDM to send product latency statistics to the UPC.
> > EXEC    "rtstats -f ANY -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"
> >
> > ..in the "Exec Entries" section of your ldmd.conf file so we can get
> > statistics from your site.
> >
> > OK..wait, is this you?:
> >
> > accas.geo.msu.edu
> >

> > if so disregard comments re stats :)
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jeff Weber
> >
> >> Unidata Support:
> >>
> >> I have a colleague who is using data from the NWS
> >> National Digital Forecast Database (NDFD).  Currently,
> >> she is obtaining the data using a script that accesses
> >> the "weather.noaa.gov" website, but apparently is
> >> having difficulty accessing some of the grids at
> >> various times of the day.
> >>
> >> At any rate, we are curious if it might be possible
> >> to access the NDFD through any of the data streams
> >> available on the IDD?   For example, is it possible
> >> to grab this data using the CONDUIT stream?
> >>
> >> Any help or information would be most appreciated.
> >>

> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >> Jim
> >>

> >> --
> >> =========================================
> >> James T Brown
> >> UNIX System Administrator
> >> Depts. of Geography/Fisheries & Wildlife
> >> 107 Geography Bldg.
> >> Michigan State University
> >> East Lansing, MI   48824
> >>
> >> email:  address@hidden
> >>

> > Jeff Weber
> > Unidata User Support
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: YPV-487052
> > Department: Support Datastream
> >

> --
> James T Brown
> UNIX System Administrator
> Depts. of Geography/Fisheries & Wildlife

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu