[Datastream #BDI-278425]: NCAR DATA readable format - Reg

> Hi,
>
> I am working as an Engineer in Wind research department, Vestas India. I
> need to download wind data for 925 h.pa wind speed, direction and
> temperature data from ncep/ncar website.
>
> Kindly give the step by step analysis for downloading the data and how
> to convert the data into readable file format.
>
> The extension of downloaded data is not readable.
>
> Give your valuable suggestions on it.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> S.Arul
> Engineer
> Wind and Site  Technical support
>
> Vestas Wind Technology India Private Limited
> T: +91-44 24505369
> M: +91 9840937726
> address@hidden
> <http://www.vestas.com/>
> Company reg. name: Vestas Wind Technology India Private Limited
> This e-mail is subject to our e-mail disclaimer statement.
> Please refer to www.vestas.com/legal/notice
> <http://www.vestas.com/legal/notice>
> If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender.

Hello,

First, NCEP is a different organization than NCAR, so I am not clear on what
dataset(s) you are interested in.

Are you looking for real time observational data, real time model data, or
historical re-analysis?

Given you mentioned NCEP/NCAR I suspect you are looking for the "re-analysis".

Those data products are located in another division, please visit:

http://dss.ucar.edu/pub/reanalysis/

..and that will take you directly to the datasets and support for this project.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support