[Datastream #WBZ-995373]: need data sets!

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I'm a master student doing environmental science, i ask the help to my
> research project that regarding to analysis the coastal process and
> vegetation index of the Sri Lanka through the remote sensing analysis. in
> this regard I need time series satellite data (may be last 10 years 1997 -
> 2007) it can be offered by you? please clarify this problem as soon as
> possible!
>
> I hope your favorable results in this regard!
>
> Many thanks
>
> Sumanenthiran
> Postgraduate institute of Science
> University of Peradeniya
> Sri Lanka

Hello Sumanenthiran,

What type of satellite imagery are you looking for?

e.g. what wavelengths, what platform, what resolution?

I suspect you are looking to do some sort of NDVI analysis using:

(NIR - VIS)/(NIR + VIS)

We have that data for North America via the GOES and AVHRR platforms, but
suspect you would need India's satellite for your work.

We do not have access to that data archive, but I would suggest visiting:

http://www.isro.org/

They seem to be willing to work with scientists. I wish we had the data you
need, I had a fantastic trip to Trincomalee in 1982 after a transect from
Colombo...and then visited Kandy. Great country!

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support