[McIDAS #QFB-985739]: ADDE dataset RTIMAGES on ADDE.UCAR.EDU

Hi Russ,

> Server is very slow or not responding at all for ADDE access to RTIMAGES
> datasets.

We lost a disk in the RAID on adde.ucar.edu this morning.  A replacement has
been installed,
and the RAID is being rebuilt.  Since the load created by LDM processing
(mostly the decoding
that is done) is large, we decided to _not_ start the LDM until the RAID was
back.

> Sorry about the direct email (I have sent a problem notice to your
> Unidata inquiry site).

Yup, I saw the inquiry.  Things are hectic enough here that I was not able to
reply.

> Just in case you haven't noticed, the current radar products
> stopped on all your machines at about 11:00 AM CDT.  I assume that you
> probably already noticed this, but just in case you haven't ...

adde.ucar.edu (aka motherlode.ucar.edu) is the machine that creates the NEXRAD
Level III
composites.  Since the LDM is not currently running on the machine, no new
composites
are being created.  As soon as the RAID has rebuilt, the LDM will be turned back
on, and the radar compositing routine will have new data to work with.

Ticket ID: QFB-985739
Department: Support Datastream