[IDD #NPN-717429]: wind profiler data from IDD - backup data available?

i Laurie,

re: grabbing profiler data from motherlode.ucar.edu
> Thank you for the quick response.   We can now get the data through the
> thredds catalog sites you gave us.

Very good.

> The reason we had trouble downloading from the the web was that we were
> originally accessing what may be an outdated web site
> (http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?native/profiler). The
> data files listed there are linked to the ftp server.

This was an unforeseen consequence of turning the FTP service off.  I modified
the web links so that FTP requests are now http requests.  Note that we would
still rather that people went through the THREDDS catalogs (as this can be done
programatically), but HTTP access is now allowed directly.

> Thank you for the updated information.

No worries.

Ticket ID: NPN-717429
Department: Support Datastream