[Datastream #CAI-421982]: FW: Request for WSI feed.

Hi Samuel,

re: why would you be investigating a WSI service for data you already get for
free?

> Currently we pull it down from a satellite to our TV Broadcast studio,
> I was wondering if we could pull it into our student lab, so there could
> be more exposure to WSI data for students not involved in the TV Broadcast
> side of Meteorology.  We don't really want to be known as simply a
> 'TV Weather' school.

At the time that we created the web page for access to WSI-provided data, those
data consisted of the Nexrad Level III products and a few composites that WSI
put together from those products.  Also, WSI would not send the full set of
Nexrad Level III products to end-users via the Internet because they believed
that the network would not support the large number of products (how times
have changed!).

Since we have not ingested data from WSI for a LONG time, it is possible that
the data they make available has changed.

Questions:

- can you give us a quick overview of the set of products you are receiving
  from the WSI satellite broadcast?

- is what you are getting via the satellite broadcast significantly different
  from what you are getting in the NEXRAD3 (aka NNEXRAD) and FNEXRAD IDD
  feeds?

By the way, I have not heard back from WSI with appropriate contact information
for getting data from them via the LDM.

Ticket ID: CAI-421982
Department: Support Datastream