[Datastream #FSD-329281]: GPI data

Hi Ana,

re:
> I am using the 1998 GPI 1 x 1 degree global daily dataset.
>
> In the README does not exist the information if these data are daily
> accumulate or daily mean. And if it is accumulated, from what hour to
> what hour is the accumulation? from 12Z to 12Z or from 00Z to 00Z?

I would guess that the data is 3-hour precipitation values in
a 1x1 degree box where the day is from 0Z to 23:59:59Z, but I am
not 100% sure.  I base my guess on the AMS 2001 paper by Huffman,
et. al.:

http://ams.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1175%2F1525-7541(2001)002%3C0036%3AGPAODD%3E2.0.CO%3B2&ct=1

Can you tell us where you got this particular dataset (e.g., URL for
FTP or OPeNDAP site, etc.)?  It would help trace down some additional
infomation.

> Thank you for the attention!

No worries.

Ticket ID: FSD-329281