[Datastream #WXW-746491]: Icing model data on NOAAPORT

Hi Rick,

re:
> I'm trying to determine the approximate date that icing products were
> first sent in the NOAAPORT stream.  I'm specifically looking for CIP and
> FIP data.

I think that the best thing to do is search the nws-changes email list archive:

Unidata HomePage:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support

    Search or browse the mailing list and support archives
    https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/search.jsp

In the section labeled:

Search Unidata's Mailing List Archives

set the email list to search as 'nws-changes' (select from list)
and enter the CIP or NIP as the search criteria.  I did this using
CIP and got a number of relevant links back:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/nws-changes/2006-August/004388.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/nws-changes/2006-July/004349.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/nws-changes/2004-June/003478.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/nws-changes/2002-February/002388.html

The last URL suggests that he CIP product was added to NOAAPort in late March,
2002:

DRGAA609 EFFECTIVE MARCH 27 2002 AT 1300 UTC THE CURRENT ICING
POTENTIAL /CIP/ GRIB PRODUCT WILL ADDED TO THE
AWIPS/NOAAPORT DATASTREAM.

The NIP search is left as an exercise :-)

> Thanks in advance

No worries.

Ticket ID: WXW-746491
Department: Support Datastream