[LDM #JSB-324824]: unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu login

Hi Dave,

re:
> Here are some times when we missed satellite images:
>
> 18 and 19Z July 17
> 02Z July 18

OK.  If the images were sent in the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream,
they will exist on our motherlode.ucar.edu server.  Here is how
to walk the directories to find what you want:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu
  Decoded data archives
  http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded
    gempak
    http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak
      areas
      http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak/areas

At this point, you will need to choose the type of image you want.
The choices you will see are:

ANTARCTIC
GOES-11
GOES-12
GOES-13
MDR
MOLL-IR
MOLL-WV
SOUNDER

NB: GOES-11 is GOES-West; GOES-12 is GOES-East plus GOES-10

If you are looking for GOES-11 images, you continue to walk the tree:

GOES-11
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak/areas/GOES-11
  4km
  http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak/areas/GOES-11/4km
    10.7 (Thermal IR)

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak/areas/GOES-11/4km/10.7

At this point you will be present a list of all of the days of images that are
available.  Choose July 17, for instance:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak/areas/GOES-11/4km/10.7/20090717

Here you will find a list of all of the images that are available.  Simply
click on one to download it.

That's it!

> Sorry to hear about the continued hardware problems--sounds frustrating!
>
> -- Dave

Ticket ID: JSB-324824
Department: Support Datastream