[Datastream #EGK-260735]: Seeking NAM 212 data from Sept. 2007

> Jeff,
> The data needs to be used for wrf processing and the only acceptable
> for that is grib, I think. Is there a way
> to convert GEMPACk files to grib?
> Thanks,
> Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

There is a way, this comes from our GEMPAK developer:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/gempak/manual/programs_index?gdgrib2

GDGRIB2 computes a diagnostic grid and saves the result in
     a GRIB2 file.

     The input grids for the computation must be in GDFILE.  The
     resulting GRIB message is added to the output file, GBFILE.
     If GBFILE does not exist, it will be created.

..if this solution does not work for you, I suggest posting a request to our
community via the "need-data" list. You must be subscribed to the list to post.

To subscribe (and then post), please see:

..scroll down to "needdata" and select subscribe. It always amazes me how many
times posting to needdata works :)

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber