[Datastream #PCX-166633]: I have a few questions..

Hello Florin,

> My name is Florin and I am a Phd student. I need for my project some
> numerical value about sea level height for specific point. I do not know
> too many about how to use satelit data and i found this site..but for
> like a beginner me look very strange.

Always difficult to ramp up :)

> I only need numerical data, for exemple:
> Point 1 ( LONGITUDE: 34.5E LATITUDE : 43.5N )
>
> and to have a result something like this:
>
> 25-FEB-2009 00 1: 4,182
> 26-FEB-2009 00 2: 2.195
> 27-FEB-2009 00 3: 3.684
> 28-FEB-2009 00 4: 4.696
> 01-MAR-2009 00 5: 3.879
> ..etc
>
> and similar to Point 2, Point 3, Point 4 ..etc, till I fill my points
> on my grid who is identical to Black Sea basin.

I suspect you would need a polar orbiting platform to get the resolution you
would need to determine changes in sea level.

I would suggest you visit:

http://topex-www.jpl.nasa.gov/

...to get the data you desire. I know the JASON set of sensors does have ocean
altimetry data.

> I only need the value for this points to create a diagram depending on
> time (a large period of time, maybe 1990-2009) and sea level variation.
>
> I alredy have the Matlab OpenDap Ocean Toolbox.This toolbox wil help me
> with to visualize this data?
>
> And if this site will help me.... maybe you can give an idea how to use
> it..I dont understand to much from the help file.
>
> Thank you..for you time.

I hope this helps...

Cheers,

Jeff