[Datastream #UBM-219863]: hourly tidal height and tidal velocity data for U.S. coasts

> Dear...
>
> I am a research assistant at California State University, Chico
>
> We are looking for the hourly tidal height and tidal velocity data
> for U.S.  coasts especially for the year of 2006 and until 2010, to use
> in a research which is related with quantifying the potential of tidal
> energy in the United States.
>
> In NOAA's web page we couldn't find useful hourly data of TIDAL VELOCITY
> for whole year of 2006 and later.
>
> On the other hand there are thousands of station to pick up TIDAL HEIGHT
> data which is a very difficult job for us.  Can you help me about sending
> the TIDAL VELOCITY and HEIGHT  data HOURLY for whole year especially
> 2006 and the other years after.  If you could either help me with the
> data download or suggest another person I should contact about it,
> I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Visitor Research Assistant
> Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
> Holt Hall, Room 365
> California State University, Chico
> Tel. +1 (530) 570 1582
> address@hidden
Hello Abdullah,

Unidata is not an archive center, we focus on the delivery of real time
atmospheric data.

I suspect NOAA is your best resource for this data. If you have found the data,
but are having difficulty dissecting it into a usable form, perhaps we can help
with that. Is the original file a netCDF file? ..if so, there are many
utilities for temporal and spatial sub-setting that could make your analysis
easier to do
> Dear...
>
> I am a research assistant at California State University, Chico
>
> We are looking for the hourly tidal height and tidal velocity data
> for U.S.  coasts especially for the year of 2006 and until 2010, to use
> in a research which is related with quantifying the potential of tidal
> energy in the United States.
>
> In NOAA's web page we couldn't find useful hourly data of TIDAL VELOCITY
> for whole year of 2006 and later.
>
> On the other hand there are thousands of station to pick up TIDAL HEIGHT
> data which is a very difficult job for us.  Can you help me about sending
> the TIDAL VELOCITY and HEIGHT  data HOURLY for whole year especially
> 2006 and the other years after.  If you could either help me with the
> data download or suggest another person I should contact about it,
> I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Visitor Research Assistant
> Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
> Holt Hall, Room 365
> California State University, Chico
> Tel. +1 (530) 570 1582
> address@hidden
Hello Abdullah,

Unidata is not an archive center, we focus on the real time delivery of
atmospheric data.

If you are having difficulty managing the data, perhaps we could help with
that. Is the original data file a netCDF file?...if so, we have many utilities
for temporal and spatial sub-setting that may make your analysis easier. Please
let us know if we can help in that area.

NOAA will be your best resource for this data, and i would first check here:

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/

Sounds like an interesting project.

Cheers,

Jeff