[Datastream #WID-723099]: fPAR help

Hi Sean,

re:
> I would like to download gridded FPAR data for all of Australia.

We are unfamiliar with gridded FPAR data.

Question:

- where are you wanting to download this data from?

re:
> I have just a few questions that I was hoping you could help with:
>
> 1.) I would like to use it to estimate vegetative cover – would "FPAR
> total" be the best predictor of veg cover?
>
> 2.) Do you have a dataset that has been averaged across an entire year
> or years?

This question tells us that you should be asking your questions to the
site that hosts the FPAR data.  I am guessing that site is using our
software to serve the data (THREDDS?), and this is how you got our
address@hidden email address.

re:
> 3.) Also, from the form, it looks like I have to download one lat-long
> point at a time... do you have a FPAR raster layer for then entire
> Australian continent?

Again, we do not host a site that makes FPAR data available.  We may be
able to answer this question _if_ the host is using our software.  We
will know more when we find out where you are intending to download the
data from.

re:
> Thank you very much for your help.  I really do appreciate it!

Sorry we can not be of more help.  Lots of sites are using our software
(e.g., THREDDS Data Server (TDS)) to serve/host their data.  We routinely
get questions about the data being hosted because our software lists our
address@hidden email address in case there are problems in using
our software.  We typically are unaware of specifics of the data being
hosted, however.

Best luck in your pursuits!

Ticket ID: WID-723099
Department: Support Datastream