[Datastream #YTW-459317]: Motherlode Server

> Hello,
> I am interested in receiving regular weather model data downloads from
> the Motherlode Server, and I was directed by the webpage to contact
> this email address. I would like to be able to download model data for
> GEMPAK over HTTP scrips on a regular basis, but I wanted to know if
> this is permissible, and if not, what options there are for regular data
> downloads. Any information you can provide is appreciated.
>
> Thank You,
> Kelton Halbert.

Hello Kelton,

The "motherlode" server is designed to allow people to fill in gaps of missed
products in the IDD/LDM stream due to network or hardware failure. It is NOT
designed as a primary mode of data access. Any attempts of programmatic access
(cron, polling, etc) will cause the offending IP to be blocked over time :)

Unidata is funded by the NSF to provide data to .edu and research facilities. I
see you are coming from a .com address...are you affiliated with a university
in any way?

Also, what model output are you looking for? Knowing this we may be able to
offer up other viable options.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber