[Datastream #NUL-612145]: NAM Model TIN 11-16

Hi Kevin,

re:
> We got a request for some NAM grids that are associated with TIN 11-16
> According to the TIN,
> http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notification/tin11-16nam_changes.htm
> "The NAM DNG grids are currently distributed to CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii
> and Puerto Rico over the AWIPS SBN/NOAAPORT."
>
> However, I have my LDM to receive NGRID and HDS/HRS and I do not see
> these grids unless they are coming over CONDUIT.

Comment:

- all NOAAPort SBN-delivered content is included in the datastreams
  produced by our NOAAPort ingest software.  Even if a model output product
  is not understood by the code that cracks the GRIB/GRIB2 messages to
  extract metadata, the product will still be sent.  Its Product ID,
  however, will be abbreviated.

  For the past week and a half I have been working on updating the GRIB
  tables used by the NOAAPort ingest package to support all fields currently
  included in NOAAPort AND CONDUIT.  Aside: to be clear, the work of
  updating the tables has not taken a week and a half; the experiments
  that NOAA/WOC and we have been conducting have taken the one and a half
  weeks.  Updating the tables has been part of this experiment.

Question:

- what should the Product IDs look like?

re:
> Examples of specific files of interest I downloaded from
> http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/nam/para
>
> are:
> nam.t06z.conusnest.hiresf00.tm00.grib2
> nam.t06z.firewxnest.hiresf00.tm00.grib2
> nam.t06z.hawaiinest.hiresf00.tm00.grib2
> nam.t06z.priconest.hiresf00.tm00.grib2

Hmm... The 'para' in the directory hierarchy would seem to indicate
that the fields are from a "parallel" run.  "parallel" runs are
_not_ operational, and as far as I know, no non-operationally-produced
grids are in the NOAAPort SBN.  One of the reasons I say this is that
I have been working with people at the WOC investigating "parallel" NAM
fire weather products to CONDUIT.  The back and forth discussions we have
been having reinforced my view that there are no "parallel" model output
in not only NOAAPort, but in CONDUIT (this will change for CONDUIT).

re:
> Let me know if we are to be seeing these grids!

Question:

- how are you looking for the grids?

  I.e., what is the pattern you are using in a 'notifyme' invocation that
  you believe would show the receipt of the grids of interest?

Ticket ID: NUL-612145
Department: Support Datastream