[Datastream #KQU-476817]: Decoding Archive II data received via LDM -- problems and questions

Hi John,

The NEXRAD2 data arrives in pieces on the IDD and it needs to have the first
piece first or the decoding process get confused. When the ending piece
arrives, a script called util/hhmmssRadarII.pl creates the product or discards
it because the first piece is missing. I'll attach the script but it needs to
be configured, the directions are included in the first part of the script and
it needs to be done as user ldm. Make sure the ~/logs/radar,
<data>/radar/badLevel2/maintenance and <data>/radar/badLevel2/piece1missing
directories exists.  Also attached hhmmssreportRadarII.pl  script that makes a
daily report on the reception of the products, it also needs to be configured;
run it with the -m flag to get the manpage first. I'll attach the pact the we
use on the motherlode machine to manage the products. It's called
pqact.threddsradar. The NEXRAD2 feedtype probably should be changed to CRAFT in
the ldmd.conf file.

crontab entry, should run in 0Z hour 15 m
15 19 * * * util/hhmmssreportRadarII.pl -r 2>&1

Attached is yesterday radar reception  report too.

I know the process sounds complicated but this was the best solution we found
to get usable products.  I would download sample radar products from
motherlode.ucar.edu/thredds to test your programs as a first step.

Robb...

Ticket ID: KQU-476817
Department: Support Datastream