[Datastream #IEO-826892]: LDM, public access to our radar images

Hi Wen,

re:
> We, Valparaiso University, have a Doppler radar. We would
> like the community to share our images. A linked directory
> fujita:/archive/vuradar/vols holds the data. This is the first time for
> me to do that. How do I setup entries in Allow and Accept areas in our
> ldmd.conf? Could you please write me some details? Thanks,

Thanks for the generous offer of making your doppler radar data available
to the community!

The specifics of how to make your data available is more complicated
than meets the eye.  Here are some comments with an embedded question
or two:

- is the output format of the Valparaiso radar the exact same as the
  NEXRADs in the LDM/IDD NEXRAD2 feed?

  If yes, the best course approach may be to make the data available
  in the NEXRAD2 datastream, but that is harder to do than we would
  like mainly because NOAA operates the toplevel IDD relay nodes
  for Level II data

- if the data is not identical in format to that in the NEXRAD2
  feed, it may be best to make your data available to the
  community by operating a THREDDS Data Server (TDS) that is
  open to the community

We need to have a more in-depth discussion of some details before
we can proceed.  Would it be possible to have a telecon to discuss
the issues?

Again, many, many thanks for stepping up and offering your data!
This is exactly what we would like many others in the extended
Unidata community to do!!

Ticket ID: IEO-826892
Department: Support Datastream