[Datastream #SPO-558373]: Re: [conduit] 20120426: Unidata system downtime scheduled for Saturday, April 28

Hi Patrick,

re:
> Two locations utilize my noaaport feed in
> a backup scenario, if it would be beneficial to
> add one or two more to the list during this
> downtime, it should be fine over the weekend.
>
> Current downstreams:
>
> ALLOW NGRID|NIMAGE|NEXRAD3|WMO ^unidata2\.ssec\.wisc\.edu\.?$
> ALLOW NGRID|NIMAGE|NEXRAD3|WMO ^[a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$

Thanks for the offer!

Since there is one machine under our control that is not housed
here in Boulder/UCAR currently ALLOWed to feed from your NOAAPort
ingester (unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu), we will likely not ask for you
to add other Unidata community member(s) to your ALLOW list.

Quite frankly, the portion of the IDD content that derives from the
NOAAPort SBN is the least of our worries as there are multiple NOAAPort
reception systems feeding redundantly into the IDD.  We think that
the big hit by this power down will be to the users who feed non-NOAAPort
data from us directly.  The most voluminous of the feeds in question
are CONDUIT and NEXRAD2.

The other big hit is for users who routinely access data from our
demonstration server machine, motherlode.ucar.edu. Even though this machine
was always intended to demonstrate the ability to provide data using
software that we develop/support/employ, lots of folks have started using
it as their only source of data.

I hope that the note that we sent out conveyed the impression that we
are doing everything we can think of to keep services up during the
power down!

Ticket ID: SPO-558373
Department: Support Datastream