[Datastream #BVM-249673]: 71896 ZXS 850 Mb termperature readings on website

Hi Tony,

re:
> I am trying to find info for station 71896 ZXS, in particular the 850 MB
> Temperature reading at 12z.  Currently I get the info on to the following
> website - http://weather.uwyo.edu/upperair/sounding.html that obtains
> the data from your website.
>
> Are you able to assist my search to find the info on your website?
>
> I look forward to your reply.

Actually, the University of Wyoming gets global sounding data via a real-time,
Internet-based feed of the GTS data that the U.S. National Weather Service
provides to its forecast offices via the NOAAPort Satellite Broadcast Network.
UWyoming is not getting the data from a Unidata website.  The real-time
data feed is provided via a cooperating network of sites in a project that
we call the Internet Data Distribution (IDD) system.

We, the Unidata Program Center of UCAR, are one of the many sources/relays
for the global observations that originate in the GTS (along with a wide
variety of other types of data including satellite imagery, NEXRAD radar,
and model output).  Since our mission is to provide tools and support to
our primary community (U.S. universities that have atmospheric science-related
programs), we typically do not feed non-core sites directly.  The exception
to this rule is when there is a measurable benefit to the community at-large.
Unidata university participants in the IDD, however, do feed non-core sites
data which are not controlled by WMO Resolution 40 restrictions.

So, if your program is interested in becoming a participant in the IDD, we
will work to identify a university that would be willing to feed you the
data you want/need.

To learn more about the products and services that we provide free-of-charge,
please visit our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

For information on the IDD, please visit:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Projects -> Internet Data Distribtution
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/index.html#idd

  AND

  Software -> LDM
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/

  (our LDM software provides the relay transport that is the basis of
  the IDD)

Ticket ID: BVM-249673
Department: Support Datastream