[IDV #DAM-149634]: Download Archived GOES West Vis-Satellite Images

Hi Patrick,

re:
> Thank you.
>
> I recevied the following email from the SSEC:
> I have your data staged on unidata2's ftp server.
> Be well.
> Douglas Ratcliff
>
> Can you tell me how to access your unidata2 ftp server?

Two things:

- If what you wanted was remote access to the full SSEC GOES archive,
  your request was not understood properly by the Data Center folks at
  SSEC.  They interpreted your request to be to restage imagery sent
  in the IDD Unidata-Wisconsin datastream (the images that are made
  available in the RTIMAGES dataset from various ADDE servers) to
  disk for you to grab them.

  If what you want is really remote access to the full GOES archive
  (via IDV, McIDAS-X or McIDAS-V), you need to resubmit your request.
  If you decided to do this, I strongly recommend that you include
  the draft policy statement provided by SSEC that I sent in a previous
  email.

- If you can use the imagery sent in the IDD Unidata-Wisconsin datastream,
  you can get the data that SSEC restaged to disk as follows:

machine:   unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
user:      xxxxx
pass:      xxxxx
directory: urequest/<date of data you wanted>

  The explanation for the file naming used for this access can be found in:

  Unidata HomePage
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

    Data
    https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/