[LDM #FZK-694121]: Looking for ACARS data

Hi Gerry,

I believe that Jeff Weber send you a separate email on this yesterday.  I
just wanted to follow-up to let you (and others who may read this email
after it gets made available on the web) know the official policy regarding
ACARS data.

re:
> Do you happen to have acars and acarsProfile data from 06 SEP available for
> easy download? For some reason I didn't get it written (That's Monday's
> troubleshooting effort) via my pqact.conf actions.

ACARS data is made available by NOAA/GSD in a variety of ways including
point-to-point LDM feeds.  I believe that it is NOAA's policy that the
ACARS data may not be redistributed by sites receiving that data via
whatever method they use.  We interpret these restrictions to mean that
we cannot redistribute the ACARS data that we may have in our possession
even to sites that have an agreement with NOAA for access to the data.
This situation is exactly analogous to the restrictions on NLDN lightning
data that is also available via point-to-point LDM feeds.

I hope you understand our need to abide by the restrictions on certain data
that is imposed on all of us by others.

Ticket ID: FZK-694121
Department: Support Datastream