[IDV #DAM-149634]: Download Archived GOES West Vis-Satellite Images

Hi Patrick,

re:
> I don't believe I need full access to the SSEC GOES archive, I only
> need a handful of images from select date.

OK.

re:
> So if I can now display them from within IDV on the ADDE servers, that
> will be fine.

You will be able to display the satellite image data being made available
by SSEC from the Unidata-Wisconsin archive in the IDV, but it will not
be accessed from an ADDE server.  You would load the image(s) as local
files from the IDV Dashboard -> Data Choosers -> General -> Files
interface.

re:
> Or, if I can go out and FTP them from the unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu address,
> with the user and password you gave me, that will be fine too.

You can.

re:
> Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct.