[Datastream #AAC-855405]: satellite data via LDM

Hi Gerry,

re:
> I think the approach I need to take on this is that both I, and Thomas
> Jones, my scientist/user, are in CIMMS, and Tom W. suggested that a
> Cooperative Institute is, indeed, eligible.

I don't think that a Cooperative Institute is eligible to get Unidata
McIDAS unless they are already a member in good standing with the
MUG at SSEC.  The fact that UW/CIMSS is a MUG member supports my view.

re:
> If I have to go another route (license) we can do that.

You can use the IDV to get the images and then save them in netCDF
format.  I am not sure that one can save to AREA format files
directly from the IDV or McIDAS-V.

re:
> We can talk about it. I may call late this afternoon when I get on the road
> for Texas.

OK, but I will be blasting out of here at 4:15.  It is Friday, after all
(and so FAC beckons ;-)

Ticket ID: AAC-855405
Department: Support Datastream