[Datastream #QJN-931295]: Fwd: Cloud Type and Classification in HDF format>?

Hi Joe,

re:
> Do you process the NRL cloud classifier (in HDF format...

No, we do not produce this kind of product.

re:
> or know anywhere else)

My best guess would be the folks in SSEC/CIMSS at the University
of Wisconsin at Madison.

re:
> We are trying to make use of the data in our daylighting application
> with the DOE...
>
> I found the EP algorithm :
> ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/clavr/goes_east/processed/ and similar images
> hdf on the LDM

I want to make sure that I understand this comment... Are you saying that
you found similar images an IDD datastream?  If yes, which one and what
is a good LDM/IDD Product ID pattern to use to search for the products?

re:
> but was looking for something similar in format / style for the NRL IP data
> http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/sat-bin/clouds.cgi

These are very cool indeed.  Did you contact the folks at NRL Monterey
to see if they can make their experimental products available?

re:
> I did not know if you had any help on how to find or process the data
> for that set?

It may be possible that the imagery in HDF format is usable in McIDAS-X.
If they are, then you could use McIDAS to work with the imagery, or
serve them to other applications using McIDAS ADDE.

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

Ticket ID: QJN-931295