[Datastream #KZO-354014]: BURL1 - NOAA buoy near Southwest Pass, La.

Hi Mike,

(apologies for the late response)

Do you have the file, or a URL where it can be found?

If so, I suspect we can crack it open, or we will at least give it a try :)

> To Whom it may concern:
>
> I may be beyond your help. All I want to do is open the wind data
> file on the above buoy, in NOAA's database for April -July, 2011-2013.
> I am not really what you would call computer literate. I can get to the
> schedule of the buoy's historical data and find the year and month I want,
> I just can't open any of the data. It appears in NOAA's help that if I
> was smart enough to understand your software would help me open their
> data files. Unfortunately, I'm not that smart.

Don't be so hard on yourself...everything is easy if you know how to do it,
hopefully
we can guide you.

> Is there any way you can help me get the data open.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike Gold
> Consultant
>
> 500 Dover Boulevard, Suite 310 | Lafayette, LA  70503
> 337-984-2603 (office)
> 337-280-8189 (mobile)
>
> <http://www.hamiltongroup.org/> Description: Description: pei_logo-OUTLOOK
>

> Hamilton Confidentiality Notice: The information transmitted is intended
> only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
> confidential and/or privileged information or material. Any review,
> retransmission, dissemination to other use of, or taking of any action in
> reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
> intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
> contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support