[Datastream #GBV-473910]: Doubts about a satellite image

Hi Waldenio,

re: interesting projection for a satellite image
> Thanks by the help with this image issue.

No worries.

re:
> I am not sure about who created this image. Probably someone from
> CPTEC´s Satellite division.

Hmm... Of course, I wouldn't know, but I suspect that it was not your
Satellite Division.  The reason I say this is that the image that
was included as a demonstration of the projection desired had the
characteristic stair step feature at the bottom of the image that
is seen in all of the GOES-East products we make available in
the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream (IDD feedtype UNIWISC aka MCIDAS).
I leave the jagged edge on the GOES-East composites to remind the
end users that the southern portion of the image is from a different
satellite (GOES-12) than the northern portion (GOES-East).

re:
> Unfortunately, as the image-generation procedures that worked there are
> gone and some people left, I am not sure if they will remember about it.

OK. I am betting that it was not someone in your Satellite Division
that did the remapping.  Who it would have been I can not say, however.

Ticket ID: GBV-473910
Department: Support Datastream