[Datastream #YCO-516923]: Potential issue with GOES EAST visible data on adde.ucar.edu RTIMAGES

Hi Bob,

re:
> I made a loop of GOES East visible satellite images using
> adde.ucar.edu/RTIMAGES and there are some frames that while the time
> progresses forward, the clouds appear to move backwards.  I saw this
> yesterday with a couple of times, and today I am seeing it with the
> 12:15 time.  To replicate what I am seeing, using the IDV you can load
> in/display absolute times of 06/20 10:15:00Z to 14:45:00Z.  I do not see
> this issue when looking at GOES East IR data.

I just verified your observation, and I have no explanation for what
could be causing this.  I am especially mystified by there being a
problem with the VIS images while the IR images are OK.

FYI: I verified the same problem on two other machines that are
receiving the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream, so the issue is at the
generation source, not on adde.ucar.edu.  Weird!

re:
> Any thoughts as to what may be going on with the server/dataset?

Off of the top of my head, no, I have no explanation for this.  I
will have to take a look to see what I can see.

Thanks for alerting us to the problem!

Ticket ID: YCO-516923
Department: Support Datastream