[Datastream #QCW-716615]: Goes-12 South America images

Hi Chee,

re:
> We have noticed that the GOES 12 South America satellite data at
> goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu have not updated between 5z - 10z daily since
> 6/21.  Can someone take a look?

The location of our GOES-13 dish is far from ideal.  The data problem
you are referring to is a result of the line-of-sight from the dish to
the satellite being partially obscured by trees.  We have been trying
to tweak the satellite tracking to maximize signal-to-noise and so
decrease the dropout period; our efforts so far have had some success,
but the ultimate solution is to move the ingest to a dish that has
an unobstructed view of GOES-13.  This effort is under way (purchasing
equipment, etc.), but will not be implemented as quickly as we would
all like.

Ticket ID: QCW-716615
Department: Support Datastream