[Datastream #BMP-299352]: NAVGEM (NOGAPS) data spotty

Hi Art,

Heard back from FNMOC:

<response>
Hi Jeff:

I have not noticed that.

When USGODAE receives the model data from FNMOC, it inserts the data into
the local LDM product queue via pqinsert.  Then via the pqact.conf, it
writes out the files to the filesystem.  When users download the data
directly from USGODAE, they use either ftp or wget.

I have checked the file counts on USGODAE in regards to the NAVGEM data and
they have been very consistent over the past month.

</response>

So, can you recall the fields that went missing? Could they have been kicked
out of queue before processing?...i.e. what does "pqmon" return?

If the dropped prods are consistent we can start looking for them.

Hopefully we can sleuth this one out.

Jeff

> > Hi,
> Hi Art,
>
> > We've noticed that a lot of the NAVGEM fields are missing and has been
> > getting worse over the last month-or-two. Are you seeing this problem at
> > Unidata as well?
> >

> Had not noticed :), but the volume does appear to be inconsistent:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?FNMOC+cluster0.unidata.ucar.edu
>

> I will contact FNMOC and see if they are aware of any issues, thanks for the
> "heads up".
>
> Will follow up with you after I hear back from FNMOC.
>
> > Thanks... Art
> >
> > --
> > Arthur A. Person
> > Research Assistant, System Administrator
> > Penn State Department of Meteorology
> > email: address@hidden, phone: 814-863-1563
>

> Thank you,
>
> Jeff