[Datastream #NST-332631]: Total precipitation measured in California During the 1997 Storm

> Hello-

Hi John,

> We are interested in obtaining a GIS grid data file of the total
> precipitation that fell throughout California from 1996-12-31 00:00:00 to
> 1997-01-03 23:59:59.  We just ordered the COMET CASE 008 NCEP Nested
> Gridded Model from your website, but before processing the data we would
> like to check to be sure we selected the right data.  Thanks for any
> assistance.

I notice that some of individual RADARs start on the 31st, the NOWRAD BREF 2km
data starts on the 30th. The data, obviously is not a shapefile, but is raw
NIDS. So, using the individual RADARs will not give complete CA coverage as all
CA RADARs are not included, the 2KM NOWRAD BREF should be complete barring
hardware downtime at RADAR sites.

> John Onderdonk, P.E., P.H., D.WRE
> Senior Civil Engineer
> San Francisco Regional Office
> Division of Dam Safety and Inspections
> Office of Energy Projects
> Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
> Phone: (415)369-3339  Fax: (415)369-3322

Hope this helps,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support