NOAA/ESRL/GSD systems maintenance - 3/4/2014

NOAA/ESRL/Global Systems Division (GSD) will be performing the following system maintenance on Tuesday, March 4, that will affect GSD data services:

Item-1:
Starting 7:30am MST, the GSD Network team will be upgrading switches for systems providing externally-facing LDM, ftp, and web services. Since we employ load balancing across our ftp and LDM farms, we do not anticipate any significant outages to these services. However, this maintenance may interrupt active connections and data transfers. Although this work should take approximately 30 minutes, extra time is reserved for troubleshooting purposes.

Item-2:
From 7:15am - 9:00am MST, GSD SysAds will perform required data migration on the GSD Central Storage Server. This work will necessitate temporarily blocking all connections to GSD's internal real-time data filesystems (/public, /rt, and /exchange), including all NFS client access within GSD and on the HPC systems. This will interrupt Central Facility data ingest and processing. We expect that many data sets will be automatically back-filled when the filesystems are re-enabled, while others may have gaps, depending on how long the file systems remain unavailable.

Please contact the Systems Support Group at 303.497.6887 or address@hidden if you have any concerns.

ESRL/GSD/ITS/Systems Support Group: 303.497.6887