20140402: your posts to address@hidden (cont.)

Hi Neil,

re: email address under which lists are subscribed
>looks like i'm coming from several different places depending on which
>email client I'm using and which imap server it's bound to.

I was afraid of that...

re:
>I'd rather not change existing memberships to address@hidden.

OK.

re:
>I suppose I could open a new subscription to the needdata list for new
>user 'address@hidden' if I knew the syntax.
>
>Seems it might be something like the following as the text in mssg body:
>subscribe address@hidden needdata
>
>No?

Yes, but the easiest way to do this is done through a web interace:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

Open the 'show mailing list actions' widget at the end of the mailing
list of interest and click on one of the actions listed:

    subscribe to needdata: non-digest version
    subscribe to needdata: digest version
    change existing needdata subscription options
    unsubscribe from needdata
    view needdata list archives

This essentially sends an subscription request, but you don't have to
remember what the To: address is :-)