[Miscellaneous #ZSN-970918]: NOAAPort Parser - LDM Feed or other

Hi Eric,

We drove the email you sent to Steve Emmerson into our inquiry tracking
system...

re:
> I hope you may be able to assist or point me in the right direction. I'm
> curious to know if Unidata provides any NOAAPort parsing code to assist
> with parsing specific messages from the NOAAPort streams via ldm or any
> other methods?

The answer is yes and no.  Two of the display/analysis applications we
provide/support/develop have decoding capabilities for most, if not all
of the data that is distributed in NOAAPort:

GEMPAK
McIDAS-X

We do not, however, have any smaller package that deals specifically
with the CMAN reports.

re:
> I'm specifically looking for something to parse out
> BBXX,ZZYY,CMAN reports under multiple WMO headers.

I believe that both GEMPAK and McIDAS can decode these reports.
The drawback, however, would be that their decoded output format
is intended for the applications themselves, so other uses may
be harder.

Ticket ID: ZSN-970918
Department: Support Datastream