[Datastream #MKA-823271]: Access to idd.ssec.wisc.edu

Hi Brendon,

re:
> We need access to idd.ssec.wisc.edu to restore some missing data.  We
> used to be able to access unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu but apparently this
> server is no longer active.

Correct, unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu was decommissioned over a month ago
and replaced by idd.ssec.wisc.edu

re:
> Please provide credentials.  We are intending to access the site from
> typhoon.plymouth.edu

As is noted in the Unidata-Wisconsin archive information page:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/

    Archived Data
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/#archived

      UNIWISC IDD Datastream
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

access is now via http, not ftp.  The access credentials, however,
remain the same as they were on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu:

user: xxxxx
pass: xxxxx

Switching to http access allowed us to stop supporting FTP access
on idd.ssec.wisc.edu (because it can be a security hole) and for the
use of 'wget' to grab multiple files.

Ticket ID: MKA-823271
Department: Support Datastream