[Datastream #SXB-674928]: GOES East West imagery...

Hi Gilles,

re:
> Ok, time to breath, this term we've been a little swamped
> to say the least,

I know the feeling!

re:
> So, one thing here we would need to work out is to get first the GOES East
> data in .area format for the specific dates we are interested in.

Yes.  You have two options:

- if GOES-East and GOES-West sectors previously sent in the IDD
  UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS) datastream are available for the dates/times
  you are interested in, you can get them by following the guidelines
  in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data -> Archived Data
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/index.html#archived

    UNIWISC IDD Datastream
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

If you need dates and times or coverages that are not available in
the UNIWISC archive, you will need to request access to the full
satellite archive that the Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC)
Data Center operates where Unidata sites can get up to 5 GB of
satellite imagery from the full SSEC archive each month:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/free_satellite_archive_data_access

re:
> From some tests we did lately, we would need to put together these data
> with GOES West for a smaller group of dates that will be determined form a
> first analysis of the GOES East IR data with IDV.

OK.

re:
> Any suggestion to get the GOES East IR data in .area format for the
> specific dates we are interested in (archives)?

See above.

re:
> Thanks for any suggestion and guidance,

No worries.