[Datastream #UGH-513994]: GOES Imagery

Hi Suzanna,

re:
> I would like to get original GOES imagery, archived files, not just
> the GIF/JPEGs.  Could you point me to the correct person to help me?

Depending on what you want (meaning how old, what sort of coverage, etc.)
your best bets might be:

NOAA's Comprehensive Large Array-data Stewardship
http://www.class.ngdc.noaa.gov

and/or

Space Science and Engineering Data Center at the University of Wisconsin
https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/

Both sites have comprehensive archives of satellite imagery.

We, on the other hand, have a much smaller archive of GOES image sectors
(specific coverages) that have been provided to the Unidata community in the
Unidata-Wisconsin IDD datastream (UNIWISC aka MCIDAS) since about 1991.
This archive is maintained in and managed by the UW/SSEC Data Center, but
it is mostly for the benefit of the U.S. university community.

re:
> Please feel free to call me via phone, as well.

I hope that email is acceptable as this is the way that we prefer to
handle our user support.

Ticket ID: UGH-513994
Department: Support Datastream