[Datastream #ZPD-346214]: Archived Meteosat

Hi Charlie,

re:
> I am using McIDAS-V. What Server and Dataset should I use to get to archived
> Meteosat data? For example, Meteosat-7. Thanks.

We, Unidata Program Center, do not maintain any long term archive of any
data, much less METEOSAT-7.  The Data Center at the University of Wisconsin's
Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC), however, does, and they provide
free access for up to 5 GB/month to their data holdings for Unidata university
community members.

The access that UW/SSEC provides to their Data Center holdings is described
in the News@unidata article:

Free Satellite Archive Data Access for the Unidata Academic Community
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/free_satellite_archive_data_access

The procedure is basically:

- a Unidata university user/site must register with UW/SSEC/DC

  A specific, external IP address will need to be provided by the user for
  one month access

- UW/SSEC/DC will setup an allow for data requests from that IP address
  for up to 5 GB of data per month

- you would then provide the ADDE dataset group name and fully-qualified
  server name in the Imagery dialog in McIDAS-V

Please let us know if you run into any problems.

Ticket ID: ZPD-346214
Department: Support Datastream